Check Out This Super Adorable Super Mario Cosplay!
View the full feature with more images at All That’s Epic
Just bringing over a tip I posted on Facebook that I thought might helpful to cosplay folks.
Soooo a lot of times the metal buckles you grab off the shelf be it for armor or straps or jackets are going to be a shiny plated nickel. It’s possible to find an antique nickel finish, but it’s rarer, especially if you don’t have a specialty store like Tandy Leather near you. For me, Tandy didn’t have the antique finish in the buckles I liked best, so I picked up the shiny ones and tried to figure out a way to age them for Fili.
After some internet digging I found a few different methods for darkening/aging the metal, but I didn’t really have the time or tools for them. Then I randomly found this product and decided, why not. The stuff is called… Nickel Ager. And hallelujah, it does exactly what it says. In the pic above, you can see how shiny my buckles were in the top picture. The middle picture was after letting them sit in the solution of Nickel Ager for TWO MINUTES and then letting them dry overnight. After that I buffed them with steel wool, and the result is the bottom right buckle. Bottom left is before being buffed. The result is beautiful, and half a bottle of the smallest bottle covered 6 buckles and a handful of studs and probably would have gone further if I was being careful (aka not lazy).
So yeah, if you have bright shiny nickel plated buckles and need them to have a natural aged look, THIS.
Foam and Worbla armour MEGA TUTORIAL
Tutorial by AmenoKitarou
Super duper awesome and helpful! I am totally going to try this out for my Garrosh cosplay.
shout out to minimum wage workers have to work on labor day so folks with cushy desk jobs can have the day off.
Decided to wear a really cute Doctor Who-inspired outfit last Saturday for the season premiere and Capaldi!!
Now that we’re back from vacation, how about a giveaway?
PLEASE READ THE RULES BEFORE ENTERING
- One (1) Dremel 4000
- One (1) EVE hypo prop from Bioshock made by Queadlunn
- One (1) twenty-five (25) dollar gift card from ONE of the following locations (you choose): Lowe’s, Home Depot, Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores, Michaels, Arda Wigs, Epic Cosplay, OR Amazon
Rules and Information
- Method of Entry: One reblog and one like per person.
- This giveaway is for OUR FOLLOWERS, so please be following us to enter.
- This giveaway is sponsored by Cata and Queadlunn of OHI Cosplay and is not associated with Tumblr in any way.
- Winners will be chosen via random number generator
- You must be comfortable sending us your address to receive the prizes at the end of the giveaway
- Must be 18+ to win or have parental permission to receive winnings.
- This is for continental US only, sorry!
- The giveaway will end September 30th, 2014 at 11:59 PM PST
- At the end of the giveaway your ask box MUST be open so that we may contact you. If you do not respond within 48 hours of contact at the end of the giveaway, you forfeit your right to the prize and we will contact the runner up.
50 years in the tardis
Hello, this is Sarah Jane, she’s my best friend.